From Coder Merlin
Within these castle walls be forged Mavens of Computer Science ...
— Merlin, The Coder
- In most cases, the case of characters matter. "begin" is different from "Begin" and "BEGIN". Be sure to use the correct case.
- Keys will appear within a keyboard key image. For example, if you are told to press RETURN the intent is for you to press the key labeled RETURN (or ENTER), not to type the characters R-E-T-U-R-N.
- Key combinations will appear as two adjacent keyboard keys, separated by a hyphen. For example, CONTROL-c means that you should press and hold the CONTROL key, then press the c key, and then release the CONTROL key.
- Several different types of assessments and exercises are used. You'll notice that each experience is identified by the letter "W" followed by a numeric experience code, i.e., Wnnnn or Wnnnn.mm. Regardless of the type of exercise, the nnnn will always match that of the experience.
- Experiences from the wiki that aren't part of the Merlin Mission Manager (you'll learn about this in experience W1008) will be labeled as Xnnnn
- Excursions from the wiki that aren't part of the Merlin Mission Manager will be labeled as Cnnnn
- Labs and assessments (quizzes and tests) that are part of Merlin Mission Manager will be labeled as Mnnnn
- Reflections in the form of a journal (you'll learn about this in experience W1005) will be labeled as Jnnnn
- Reflections in the form of an essay will be labeled as Ennnn