W1199 Digital Privacy
From Coder Merlin
Within these castle walls be forged Mavens of Computer Science ...
— Merlin, The Coder
- Read FBI, ICE find state driver’s license photos are a gold mine for facial-recognition searches
- Read Both Democrats and Republicans blast facial-recognition technology in a rare bipartisan moment
- Read Dems, Republicans slam ‘unregulated’ facial recognition technology: ‘Time for a time out’
- Read Axon Won't Link Police Body Cameras to Facial Recognition Technology
- View Facial recognition: The future of marketing, security and your privacy (ABC News)
- View Is Facial Recognition Technology an Invasion of Privacy (Sky News)
- View Why police use of facial recognition technology raises privacy fears (Financial Times)
- View A Face in the Crowd: Say goodbye to anonymity (CBS News)
- Carefully consider the following questions
- How has technology impacted the privacy of citizens?
- Should the government be limited in how it uses technology?
- How should citizens alter their behavior, if at all, in the light of technology?
- Document your answers in an essay
- Be sure to site all sources, including at least three not referenced on this page
- The essay must be at least 1,000 words (and no more than 1,250 words)
- The essay must be placed in your "Journals" directory on or before the due date and pushed to GitHub