Graphics Contest - Introducing the Assistant
From Coder Merlin
Within these castle walls be forged Mavens of Computer Science ...
— Merlin, The Coder
- You must be a currently enrolled high-school student (grade 9, 10, 11, or 12) at a bona-fide high school
- You must have a school email address provided by your school using the same domain as your high school
- We must be able to verify both your email address and the web site of your high school
- Entering this contest constitutes agreement to having your name and work published on Coder Merlin™ 's website. Coder Merlin™ reserves the right to edit the work before publication on our website.
- The prize for first place is $150.00 (one hundred and fifty USD)
- Prizes will be paid via so you must have a PayPal account
- If you don't yet have a Coder Merlin™ Shell Account:
- Create one at Merlin Shell Access Application
- Verify your email address
Specific Contest Rules
- Create an image of Coder Merlin™ 's familiar
- The familiar may be a cat, owl, or any other creature, real or imaginary
- The style of the image must be similar to Merlin (shown at right)
- You may submit more than one image, but at least one must contain only the familiar (i.e. no background)
- The image(s) must be transmitted as transparent PNG(s) of no less than 800x800 pixels.
- You must submit your images by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org. All wiki rules apply.
- You must include in your email:
- Your full name
- Your verified email address
- Your shell account name (which you will receive by email after applying for a shell account)
- Your entry must be received prior to midnight EST, 3-April-2021.
- Finalists will be required to create a wiki User page which contains:
- Full name OR first name and last initial
- Color picture OR school-appropriate avatar (Avatar Maker)
- School name and location
- Referring teacher(s) name(s) (if applicable)
- At least one paragraph about yourself
- Harvard has a useful guide describing how to create a User page here. Be sure that you create your page on Coder Merlin™ 's wiki. If you need any help, please don't hesitate to contact us via a Support Ticket.
- Entries will be judged between 3-April-2021 and 10-April-2021.
- The prize will be awarded no later than midnight, EST, 17-April-2021.
- The decision of judges is final.