From time to time and for various purposes, Coder Merlin™ may engage with Freelancers.
Taxes and Benefits
Freelancer acknowledges and agrees that Freelancer is solely responsible:
- for all tax liability associated with payments received from Coder Merlin™ , and that Coder Merlin™ will not withhold any taxes from payments to Freelancer;
- to obtain any liability, health, workers’ compensation, disability, unemployment, or other insurance needed, desired, or required by law, and that Freelancer is not covered by or eligible for any insurance from Coder Merlin™ ;
- for determining whether Freelancer is required by applicable law to issue any particular invoices and for issuing any invoices so required;
- for determining whether Freelancer is required by applicable law to remit to the appropriate authorities any value added tax or any other taxes or similar charges applicable and remitting any such taxes or charges to the appropriate authorities;
- indemnifying Coder Merlin™ for any requirement to pay any withholding amount to the appropriate authorities (including penalties and interest)
- in the event of an audit of Coder Merlin™ , Freelancer agrees to promptly cooperate with Coder Merlin™ and provide copies of Freelancer’s tax returns and other documents as may be reasonably requested for purposes of such audit, including but not limited to records showing Freelancer is engaging in an independent business as represented to Coder Merlin™
Nothing in this Agreement is intended to or should be construed to create a partnership, joint venture, franchisor/franchisee or employer-employee relationship between Coder Merlin™ and a Freelancer.