From Coder Merlin
How to Copy from One File to Another
- Open the target file (the file that you want to copy TO).
- Split the window in emacs with - , .
- Open the source file (the file that you want to copy FROM, with - , - ). Press ENTER and then navigate to the source file. Remember that ".." (two dots) will navigate you UP in the directory hierarchy.
- Then, copy normally by marking with - and then moving to the other end of the region and pressing - .
- Now, move to the other window with - , o. Move the cursor to where you want to paste the text, and then press - .
- After you've completed the copy, you can close all other windows with - , .